Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Who said you need a lake??

You know a good friend when he shows up at your doorstep with a fishing pole for you...
Tykes best friend from school shares the passion of the outdoors with him.
We have been having this conversation when I pick him up from school.

Mom: "Hi Tyke, how was your day?"

Tyke: "good, but hurry up and pick up Mini so we can go home."

Mom: "ok... but why in such a hurry?"

Tyke: "cause Carson is bringing me a fishing pole."

Mom: "Seriously Tyke, don't get your hopes up on this one."

This went on for a couple weeks.
Last night as we were all in the kitchen chatting while I was making dinner, the door bell rang.
I ran to the door with all 4 kids on my tail and to my surprise there was Carson!
Holding a fishing pole with a HUGE grin on his face!!
Tyke tells him... "I KNEW IT!!! My mom didn't believe you!"
I am so thankful this little boy has hobbies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment